cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 - Night Service - forward to a mobile number

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Using the night service function, can I forward a call to a mobile number by turning on the night service bell? I don't want it to call an internal DN because there won't be anyone in the office out of hours, the call will need to go the security guy's mobile phone..

Can this be done? I've looked at the night service notes but im still unclear about transferring calls externally via it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Huw,

Your interpretation is most correct here! The Night Service will not route calls to an External number but rather present a "Splash Ring" to phones that have been designated with the night-service bell (ephone-dn) command.

When an ephone-dn is marked for night-service treatment using the night-service bell (ephone-dn) , incoming calls that ring during the night-service time period on that ephone-dn send an alert indication to all IP phones that are marked to receive night-service bell notification using the night-service bell (ephone) command. The alert notification is in the form of a splash ring (not associated with any of the individual lines on the IP phone) and a visible display of the ephone-dn extension number.

Examples

The following example designates the IP phone that is being configured as a phone that will receive night-service bell notification when ephone-dns marked for night service receive incoming calls during a night-service period:

Router(config)# ephone 4

Router(config-ephone)# night-service bell

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_n1ht.html#wp1017495

If this is something like the Main # that they are trying to cover at night they will need to Call Forward All to the Mobile before they leave at the end of the day. This will not be an Automated service.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Huw,

Your interpretation is most correct here! The Night Service will not route calls to an External number but rather present a "Splash Ring" to phones that have been designated with the night-service bell (ephone-dn) command.

When an ephone-dn is marked for night-service treatment using the night-service bell (ephone-dn) , incoming calls that ring during the night-service time period on that ephone-dn send an alert indication to all IP phones that are marked to receive night-service bell notification using the night-service bell (ephone) command. The alert notification is in the form of a splash ring (not associated with any of the individual lines on the IP phone) and a visible display of the ephone-dn extension number.

Examples

The following example designates the IP phone that is being configured as a phone that will receive night-service bell notification when ephone-dns marked for night service receive incoming calls during a night-service period:

Router(config)# ephone 4

Router(config-ephone)# night-service bell

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_n1ht.html#wp1017495

If this is something like the Main # that they are trying to cover at night they will need to Call Forward All to the Mobile before they leave at the end of the day. This will not be an Automated service.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Of course, call forward all is what i'm really looking for, im not looking for night service at all really by the looks of it.

The customer mentioned their phone system has the 'night service' function and they dial a night service code which automatically forwards the call off to the security guys mobile, and I thought the Cisco night service function would do the same.

Hi Huw,

Great news! Good luck with your Install on Saturday :)

Take care,

Rob

Cheers Rob, im meeting the telco at the front door at 8am :(

hey i've slotted another question in the root of forum topics, take a look, see if you fancy a go at it ! :)

Davie,

The night service call forward feature is a feature of CME 4.3. With this feature you will globally define the number and night service code. When the night service code is dialed it forwards to the night-service call forwarding rule. However, the latest version being released with UC520 right now is 4.2.8 which does not have the feature yet.