Views
Helpful
Replies

Need fo a management solution

nizar.houichi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need a management solution to manage 20 autonomous access points. The solution must contain an AAA server and a DHCP server. I found the WLSE Express but i realize that it doesn't contain a local DHCP server. I need your help.

Thank you very much

Houichi Nizar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would say yes. Again, you can add a physical dhcp server or if the switch has the ability to be used as a dhcp server, then I would look at this first since. Cost to the client would just be service instead of a server and or license required. Might want to look into a linux or free type dhcp server.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WLSE is the only appliance that can MANAGE sutonomous AP's. If DHCP is your only issue, why not configure that on the switch or your L# device?

-Scott

thank you for your response.

I have a customer who need a complete solution that include management of autonomous AP and dhcp fonctionnality on one platform.

should i add an externel dhcp server the WLSE to meet his requirement.

Thank you

I would say yes. Again, you can add a physical dhcp server or if the switch has the ability to be used as a dhcp server, then I would look at this first since. Cost to the client would just be service instead of a server and or license required. Might want to look into a linux or free type dhcp server.

-Scott

thank you

johnruffing
Level 4
Level 4

I believe that the WCS now has the ability to manage autonomous access points (starting in 5.0?).

Since the WCS can exist in in a virtualized environment, you might consider running the WCS as one VM on the physical server and, as has been suggested, running your AAA and DHCP servers using other products, but as different VMs (where necessary) on the same physical server.

Just a thought

- John

Please remember to rate helpful posts...

I think you can only monitor autonomous ap's still. Can't find any doc that supports management of the autonomous ap's via WCS. Plus it cost more than the WLSE.... :)

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: