Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to dial 4 digit 04xx without getting operator

Knightvoice_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have a translation pattern 0 which gets sent to a 4digit extensio for the operator. I plan on porting some DID's from an acquired company but thier numbering range is 0700-07xx. How can I set this up so the system does not immediately dial the operator.

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best bet would be to either get another range or do internal translations, i.e. translate all extensions from 07XX to lets say 27XX, so internally people will dial 27XX (assuming 4 digit dialing).

Another approch is to introduce overlaps and hence interdigit delay when dialing 0, simply add TP such as 000X, so when one dials 0 CM will wait the inter-digit timeout before proceeding with the call to operator.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the input. I am not worried about internal dialing of these extensions. I planned on setting up translation patterns to point to existing numbers in our dialing plan. So if 0400 comes in it will translate to 1500. Will the call go to the operator once CM sees the first 0 and will there be any voicemail issues on the 1500 extension?

Thnaks!

Not if you setup Calling Search Spaces properly. Here is what you need to do:

1. create new parition i.e. _operator_PT

2. Assign this PT to the Operator translation pattern

3. Add this partition to the all calling search spaces that need to dial operator, make sure you do not include it in the CSS assigned to the GW.

4. Crate your 07XX translation pattern in a parition that is listed in the gateway CSS, but not phone CSS.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

The problem with that is the phones are currently in the same CSS as the gateway.

Then creat a new CSS and apply it to the GW, you can just copy the one you have and dont include the the Operator partiotion in it.

Chris

Thank you very much for your help! I will try it out soon.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best bet would be to either get another range or do internal translations, i.e. translate all extensions from 07XX to lets say 27XX, so internally people will dial 27XX (assuming 4 digit dialing).

Another approch is to introduce overlaps and hence interdigit delay when dialing 0, simply add TP such as 000X, so when one dials 0 CM will wait the inter-digit timeout before proceeding with the call to operator.

Chris