Views
Helpful
Replies

CfwdAll - to an external number - from a 7931 button

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to Call Forward All from my 7931 at the end of the day.

Now i can type in the number manually... but I have a 7931 with an abundance of free buttons up the side of it.. can I somehow link one of those to a mobile number?

I know i cam press CfwdAll and then select a line button that ive got programmed, but id like to make a new line button that sets the number to an external mobile number. can this be done?

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the button is programmed as a speed dial, CfwdAll, then selecting the speed dial does the trick. Would that work for you?

Regards,

Michael.

hmm, but im not sure if i can program one of these line monitor buttons on the 7931 as a speed dial, im sure you can only do that with 7940's, 60's and 70's..

Huw,

I hope I'm not missing something, but in CUCM, I have the option of configuring the spare lines on a 7931 as speed dials or BLF speed dials. Is that not the case in your instance?

Regards,

Michael.

Im getting confused with the fastdial fucntion;the CCME admin guide states that my 7931 wont be able to do it, but yes your right I think if I create a speed dial on button 20, and assign the mobile number to it, when I press CfwdAll then button 20, i should be ready to go

Thanks!

Huw

Huw,

Do try and let us know how it works for you.

Good luck.

Regards,

Michael.

Will do, system's going in at 8am tomorrow, will let you know :)

i have the solution for u >>>

u can achive it through a feature in CCM and CUCM called Time Of Day

in brief this feature creat a sechule of time and this sechtuale will be associated with a partition and based on the sechduale the partition will be active or deactivated

in ur case creat two Schedules

one for working houres and the other one for after houres

and creat a new partion and included in the CSS of any device need to rin that phon such as gateway or internal phon

then assign the time Schedule working hours to the current phon partition

[ after hours this partition will be not active]

next assign the after hours Schedule to the new partition [ which will be the active one after hours]

and in the phon setting wen u configure the call forward all there is assign CSS

so because u assigned lets say a new partition to the PSTN or mobile gateway or pattren

and the new CSS only contin this partion for outside

and this new partion will be only active after hours based on the Schedules u created

the CSS of CFA will be ctive to forward calls based on that Schedules

this is in brief and mybe confusin but will sovle ur issue 100%

in conclusion

phont partition -Schedule1--working hours active

new partion --Schedules2--after hours active

NewCSS aply it to the CFA contain the new partion

newpartion apply it to outside patrren

good luck

please rate if helful

ah i should have mentioned, we're using CCME, and need to be able to toggle the transfer on and off at different times.

Thanks for the response though

ok i think this one will be helful in case of CME

Restricting Outgoing Calling Patterns

You might use the after-hours block command to restrict incoming or outgoing calls after certain hours. You can also use after-hours blocking to restrict calls to numbers or area codes known to be fraudulent calling patterns

check it out and its details

if helpful rate

and good luck

Hi all,

I configured a speed dial on the 7931 for the number I want to transfer to.

The user presses CfwdAll, then selects the relevant speed dial.

The number gets outputted into the CfwdAll box.

Press End Call, and we're forwarding to the mobile number :)

Works a treat!

However..... Ive got to wait 10 seconds for the forward to work when I dial the office.

Is it my call-forward pattern? I know the mobile number is 11 digits, so i've made my call-forward pattern 9 dots, but it still takes 10 seconds to forward on.

Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: