Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route 911 calls to local fxs port at branch office

Currently all call routing is handled though the central location pri and call manager 4.0. So any 911 call made at the branch office would look it is coming from central office which is in a totally different county. How do i route 911 calls from a branch office to the local 2811 fxs port? At the branch office i have access to a local analog phone line.

5 Replies 5

rjoslin_2
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a voice-port configured similarly on your router:

voice-port 1/0/0

echo-cancel coverage 16

connection plar 3106

station-id name yourstation

station-id number 7500

Then you add a dial-peer to direct the 911 string "out" that port.

dial-peer voice 911 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern 911

port 1/0/0

prefix 911

Now, a call to 911 at that location should go out that port and be seen as local.

As always, do not hang up on the 911 operator but identify yourself and tell them you are just testing new service and need to verify the address.

There is no voice configuatin on the branch router just basic routing and basic QOS on applied to the serial intfaces. I looks like the card i have is the vic-fxs. Should i order a vic-FXO? Will the config you suggested work with the running config i have attached. Thanks for the help.

Hello Aaron,

You will need to get a FXO card, FXOs (Foreign eXchange Offices) are connected to the CO (TELCO) while the FXS (Foreign eXchange Station) connects devices such as faxes, phones, ...

After we have the FXO, we can create some POTS dial-peers in order to route the 911 calls through those ports and a 9.911 route patter on CCM.

Hope this helps!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am assuming you mean an FXO port not FXS as FXS is station port for analog port and FXO is a line to CO.

It depends on what protocol you are using. If MGCP then you control the routing in CallManager via Calling Search Spaces/Paritions/Route Pattern/Route List/Route Group/GW configuration.

If you have H.323 then you still do similar logic as above, but you also configure dial-peers in the GW to send the 911 calls out locally.

HTH,

Chris

MattNicholls_2
Level 1
Level 1

You can also setup your CCM with Partitions, Router Patterns that use a number mask which you then configure in the E911 database to show a particular address and location. This comes in handy if you have a large building with many seperate departments or a campus of building with central call distribution, as your PRI only reflects one number and address to 911. In speaking with our local 911 call center they see the number I put into the system and see both the main address of our location but also the address and room number that I have uploaded into the E911 system. You should know ahead of time though that the E911 system is very old and takes some getting used to even if you are familiar with REALLY old school IT.

It is probably simpler to configure your dial-peers like your other replies say, but if you don't have the budget to buy cards and keep extra phone lines active and have the patience to design your call flow you can try this other method.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: