product upgrade tool for LMS 2.6

Answered Question
Aug 8th, 2008

we have LMS 2.6 License. the original cd has been missing. when I checked product upgrade tool per our entitlement. I can order the service release cd from 2.5 to 2.6. my question is without 2.5 cd cant use

service release 2.6 cd. how I can get the 2.5 original cd.

second on the same upgrade tool, I can order LMS 3.1 service release cd for 3.0. since we have 2.6 why is 3.1 upgrade release on my upgrade tool? is there any use 3.1 upgrade release for LMS 2.6?

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 3 months ago

You'll need to talk to your account team to get replacement LMS 2.5.1 CDs. That said, the service release probably includes the LMS 2.5.1 discs. I don't think we shipped the LMS 2.6 update CD by itself.

Seeing the LMS 3.1 update with a contract covering 2.6 is a mistake. Again, your account team can probably get that sorted out, but it could end up being a problem with the upgrade tool.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Fri, 08/08/2008 - 09:47

You'll need to talk to your account team to get replacement LMS 2.5.1 CDs. That said, the service release probably includes the LMS 2.5.1 discs. I don't think we shipped the LMS 2.6 update CD by itself.

Seeing the LMS 3.1 update with a contract covering 2.6 is a mistake. Again, your account team can probably get that sorted out, but it could end up being a problem with the upgrade tool.

Joe Clarke Fri, 08/08/2008 - 11:59

The upgrade tool people are now looking into the erroneous LMS 3.1 appearance. Hopefully that matter will be cleared up soon.

Joe Clarke Fri, 08/08/2008 - 14:29

This was leftover from a test done last night. Your contract has been corrected.

dvaggalis Tue, 10/21/2008 - 12:30

I have the same problem, lost my CD's. Did you replacement CD's and what procedure did you use.

Actions

This Discussion