cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk import alternative extensions

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, on unity bulk import I created a user with an alternative extension using the column header ALTERNATE_EXTENSION_1, this worked fine.

How can I bulk import a 2nd alternative extension, I tried using ALTERNATE_EXTENSION_2 but it failed. i assume the field header will be same if I either bulk import or bulk edit?

Also is there a similar field for the bulk import/edit of the sms notification

to (phone number) field?...cheers, Jag

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

The tool appends the alternate extension into the list - it does not slide it into a specific "slot" for alternate extensions. So you can run the tool multiple times with different extensions for the same users and they are added to the alternate extension list.

You can also include this all in one file for example if you want to add 4 extensions to one user with a CSV file it will look something like:

ALIAS, ALTERNATE_EXTENSION_1

user1,1000

user1,1001

user1,1002

user1,1003

Hope this helps! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

The tool appends the alternate extension into the list - it does not slide it into a specific "slot" for alternate extensions. So you can run the tool multiple times with different extensions for the same users and they are added to the alternate extension list.

You can also include this all in one file for example if you want to add 4 extensions to one user with a CSV file it will look something like:

ALIAS, ALTERNATE_EXTENSION_1

user1,1000

user1,1001

user1,1002

user1,1003

Hope this helps! :)

Tere,

excellant, thanks for the info. Any news re bulk import for sms?

Hmmm sorry I haven't heard any news about that :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: