Views
Helpful
Replies

Call drop issue with Cisco IPCC and Call Manager

niranjan79s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing call drop issue "Dead air" with Cisco IPCC 7.1.(5) and Call Manager 5.1(3). We use Cisco phone 7942 and also Polycom phones. Both these have very frequent call drop issues and all the logs SIP,PG and CM logs show BYE signals.

The agent gets the customer call, but unable to hear any voice from customer and after a period of 20 seconds is disconnected with the customer.

Apparently i am unable to single out the exact cause of the problem, and solve this call drop issue.

Any suggestions are welcome !!

Thank you

Jan

4 Replies 4

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

does it happen on both phones? What exact build of 5.1(3)? CVP?

Chad

it happens in both the phones and the exact version is 5.1.3-1000.12

Thanks

njan79@gmail.com

Is this CVP or IP IVR? You said you see SIP BYE messages? Is this from a gateway or from a sip trunk from a provider, or a SIP proxy into CCM? Is this only happening on agent phones or is it happening on everyphone? You need to provide me with much more detail about your design, before I can possibly help you troubleshoot this further.

Chad

we see BYE messages from gateway, and it is happening on everyphone Cisco 7942 and also polycom phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: