cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New to Mobile Connect

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

I'm new to mobile connect and have managed to get it working with little hassle. Now people can recieve office calls on their cell phones. I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer;

- I noticed that the caller ID number presented on the cell is the 5 digit extension of the office caller, which is great, but I am wondering if the name of the individual can be passed as well.

- I can't seem to find information in the CUCM admin guide on how a call-in-progress can be continued on the desk phone and vice versa. How is this done or where can I find this?

- The softkey button "Mobility" has been added to the phone, but when I press it nothing comes up except for a message saying "MobilityConnect On". Is this supposed to be a toggle to activate and deactivate Mobility? I find that it doesn't do anything.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chris

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chris

- You cannot control the name as that would require the carrier involvment, and they will not do that.

- If I understand correctly, you are wondering how to toggle call between the remote destination device and the desk phone, if you are on the cell you simply hang up and retreive the call from the desk phone. If you are on the desk phone and want to send the call to the cell, you press the Mobility softkey button and the remote destination should ring.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me what the "barge" softkey is for when you press the line button? When I press it right now, it it gives me a "No conference bridge" message.

Also, if I am speaking with someone on the cell and wish to pick up the call on my desk phone, I guess you're saying that the line is put on hold for a certain time until I select the call on my desk phone or it just terminates the call?

Barge allows you to barge on active calls with shared lines. So, if 2 phones have a shared line and privacy is disabled one can press barge or cBarge to barge into a conversation the other party with the shared extension is having.

Correct, all calls to Mobile destinations are always "parked" on the original called number, you can actually see that line being used. If you want to transition from cell to desk phone you simply hang up on your cell phone, and press Resume on the desk phone.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

>>Correct, all calls to Mobile destinations are always "parked" on the original called number, you can actually see that line being used. If you want to transition from cell to desk phone you simply hang up on your cell phone, and press Resume on the desk phone.

If i hang up on cell phone connection is dropped.

if i try to use barge key, i see no conference bridge.

Thanks

I have also setup moblie connect. If you answered the call on your mobile phone and then want to pick up the call on your desk phone I understand you just hang up on your cell phone and pickup the call on your IP phone. This is not very seamless because the caller on the other end hears hold music. If I go the other way and pick the call up originally on my IP phone and then move it to my cell phone it just moves over and they are not put on hold. Is there a more seamless way to move the call from the cell phone to the IP phone?

No. That is the only way. And remember, it's only about 4 seconds of holding.

The user should be in front of their desk phone, tell the caller they will hear hold music for a few seconds and grab the call.

4 seconds is not very long...

It is long enough that it is not seemless. THanks for the reply.

So true! The owner of my company has me trying to figure out how to get rid of the silence when a call gets forwarded to voicemail from our BlackBerry's. That is also about 4 seconds, but he thinks he's been disconnected and hangs up.

If I try to move a call back from my mobile to the desk phone (by hanging up the mobile) the call is immediately dropped. What am I doing wrong? Is there a timer that needs adjusting?

was there ever any resolution to this. I am having the same issue. When I try to move a call back from mobile phone to desk phone, the call instantly hangs up - I don't have the option to 'resume' call on desk phone.

Thanks for any help

I worked with TAC on this for days. It seems to work correctly for me with any mobile carrier other than AT&T. If the mobile is AT&T, the mobile phone can place the call on hold using the *81? enterprise hold feature and then resume the call on the IP phone.

I am running CCM 7x. I can transfer calls to my cell (AT&T) and back to my IP phone with no issue...perhaps an upgrade would fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: