Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN SETUP

Roshan8484
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am trying to setup my VPN using SDM on my 1812. Can someone tell me what the host IP is and what the client IP is?

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

host ip represent the vpn termination device in ur case thr router

while the client ip represent the vpn user ip address

because, the vpn user after connecting to through the vpn to the router will be given an ip address from pool u gonna make it

please, if helpful rate

hello,

thanks this was very helpful and I will definately rate you well.

So my current router ip is set at 192.168.1.1 is that what my host Ip should be?

If the above is my host IP how does my VPN Client know to connect to my router and not someone elses if 192.168.1.1 is a common router IP?

Thanks again

the 192.168.1.1 is a private ip u cannot use it over the internet u need a publice static ip address to use it over the internet which u can get it from ur ISP

the follow link will be usefull by the way in following example the 10.1.1.1 used as the vpn host ip address only for the example perpus

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_configuration_example09186a00806ad10e.shtml

hop this helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: