Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change e-mail subject in Change Audit e-mail notification

Helpdesk_
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

could you advice if it is possible to change somehow Subject field in a Change Audit e-maill notification to get a messages with format "Config changed on <devicename> by <username>" in the Subject area? Can I use any variables for this?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While you can change the subject, you cannot add variables to the subject. You can, however, write a script which takes the ChangeAudit record as its argument. Then, you can construct an email with all of the fields set to what you want.

Dear jclarke,

thanks for your prompt response. But may I ask you to send me the script file (SampleEmailScript, correct?) itself? I couldn't find it neither in an installed CW directories nor in CW distribution files. I also surfed Internet to find it but unsuccessfully.

Thanks and regards,

Dmitriy

There are no scripts shipped with LMS by default. This would be one you would have to write.

hm-m-m. Bad news. I thought people just took ready for use SampleEmailScript.pl file and added necessary arguments in a .bat file. It is time to start learning pearl script language.

The sampleEmailScript.pl shipped with earlier versions of LMS (e.g. 2.2). I looked at this in conjunction with Change Audit AAs, and it doesn't look like this will help. As it stands now, there isn't enough details passed to the script like there are for syslog AAs. Doing what you want will take an enhancement to the existing Change Audit AA script functionality.

I have filed CSCsr93354 requesting more arguments to be passed to ChangeAudit Automated Action scripts.

Great. Thanks. Do I have a chance to see status/actions corresponded to this case? Or you will post an answer here?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

You should be able to track it in the Bug Toolkit on Cisco.com.

Dear jclarke, how long it used to takes to get an answer from Cisco? There is still a message that "Bug ID CSCsr93354 is currently under review for publishing on Bug Toolkit and will be available soon, often within one or two business days." Almost one month has passed already.

It could be that this bug will not be published because it is an enhancement request. In that case, you will have to check the release notes of future LMS releases to see if it has been implemented. Right now, we are winding down the design phase of LMS 3.2, and it's still not clear what the full list of bugs to be fixed will be. It could be that LMS 3.2 will have this implemented, but it may have to wait until LMS 3.3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: