cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ports blocked on the 1230's?

medic_2k1
Level 1
Level 1

Please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section, i am new to cisco products. I have a cisco 1230 wireless g AP that i have just configured with the basic settings, but its blocking some ports.

my basic network consists of a speedstream 4100 dsl modem with the ap plugged directly into it. ive talked with the telco about unblocking ports, however, they insist they are not blocking any ports what so ever. but when i try to connect through the ap to play a few games online, its showing the ports are blocked.

is there a setting or something im missing inside of the ap to prevent them from blocking the ports?

thank you for your kind advice!

James

2 Replies 2

beabrams
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the ap is like a switch... it should not be blocking ports at all (with default config anyways)....

how about using a linksys router between the dsl modem and the ap etc...

sadly i dont have one, but i do have an allied telesysn hub i could put between them.

i have a cisco 837 id love to get programmed and installed instead of this dsl modem i have, but im afraid the 837 is way over my head! :(.

i will try putting the hub between the two and see if that improves. thank you for your reply! :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card