Views
Helpful
Replies

unity permission wizard Question

nivanak
Level 1
Level 1

i saw message " unity permission wizard

could not find any Exchange mailstores".

and " verify that the account you are logged on as is a Full Exchange Administrator or member of the Enterprise

Admins group "

our unity server is domain controller.

i will install exchange server and unity in one Server.

what can i check to solve the permission

wizard problem ?

8 Replies 8

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well. Please provide some more information regarding the problem. For example, which versions of Unity and Exchange are you installing? Did the install of Exchange proceed correctly? Make sure you are logged in to the Unity server as the domain\administrator account. Also make sure DNS is running fine.

Thanks,

Michael.

I would imagine that the problem is that you did not delgate administrative control of exchange to the right Unity use or at all. Under Exchange System Manager delegate Administrative conrol to UnityDirServices I think is all thats necessary.

Chad

hi. thank for ur answers.

i attach exchange system manager .

dns is operating,well.

what is unitydirservices ? is it user or anything ?

in one pc , i installed dns,

active directory , sql2000,

window 2003 ( cisco os cd ) ,

exchange server 2003

now, we do not see exchange server ,

thanks.

Hi Chad - The delegation of Exchange administrative control is done just after running permissions wizard, so since the process is failing during the running of PW, that is not likely to be probable cause. Would you agree?

Hi Min - UnityDirSvc is the suggested name of the Unity account that Cisco Unity directory services logs on as (directory services account). It is one of the domain accounts that the Unity installation will prompt you to specify. Permissions Wizards gives those accounts the privileges required to perform their specific functions.

Since you asked what this account is for, and because it's role is clearly specified in the instructions for "Creating Accounts for the Installation and Granting Permissions" sections of the installation guide, I must ask, are you following the step by step installation guide? You can't go wrong with the installation guide. These steps are detailed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexnofo/5xcuigvmenofo070.html

I would suggest you pop in Service Pack CD1 and run CUSPA (Cisco Unity System Preparation Assistant) which will check to ensure that the OS, SQL, and Exchange (among others) are properly installed and the required Service Packs and patches are also installed. Once CUSPA is happy, then re-run CUICA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

hi !

i checked CUSPA and i retry CUICA.

CUSPA is fine for installing unity,

but, CUICA is fail. i installed exchange 2003 with custom mode.

message is " do not find message stores"

is it mean installing exchanger server is fail or right of user ?

thanks.

Hi,

The problem is the Exchange installation. Uninstall it and re-install using these steps.

Click on Start -> Run. On the run prompt enter (assuming the CD drive is the D drive):

D:\setup\i386\setup.exe /forestprep

Hit enter to run forestprep. At its completion, click on Start -> Run again, and this time enter:

D:\setup\i386\setup.exe /domainprep

Hit enter to run domainprep. At its completion, click on Start -> Run, and then enter:

D:\setup\i386\setup.exe

Hit enter to install Exchange. Once Exchange is installed, install the latest Service Pack from the CD2 of the Service packs.

Next run CUICA again and see if permissions wizard proceeds further this time.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

thanks for ur answer.

is it ok with install unity , sql , exchange

2003 in one partion ( only , c drive ) ?

If this is a production system, then the recommendation would be to use the prescribed partitioning as described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexnofo/5xcuigvmenofo020.html#wp1542623

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: