Helpful
Replies

FXO disconnect problem

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi pro,

network topology: IP Phone==CCM5.1==GW(FXO)==PSTN

I've configured FXO port on my 2811 router. If I configure GW using MGCP, it works fine (IP phone stop ringing when PSTN phone hang up), but doesnt work with H323 gateway :(

When I make a call from PSTN to GW, then continue press an extension (to IP Phone), then hang up the PSTN phone, the FXO port on GW still show Off Hook. This does not happen if I dont press extension number.

I dont know where the problem is :(

Please help! Thanks a lot!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

lets say ur call manager ip address is 192.168.1.1

and u have extention number 222 that u want it to recive the FXO calls

and ur FXO port is 0/1/0

do the following in ur h323 gateway:

voice-port 0/2/0

connection plar opx 222

then

dial-peer voice 222 voip

destination-pattren 222

session target ipv4:192.168.1.1

so the call will be forwarded from the fxo port to 222 and the dial-peer will forward that call to ext. number 222 on the ccm

and for outbound calls u need to make a POTS dial peer and associate it with ur FXO

good luck

please, if helpful rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

lets say ur call manager ip address is 192.168.1.1

and u have extention number 222 that u want it to recive the FXO calls

and ur FXO port is 0/1/0

do the following in ur h323 gateway:

voice-port 0/2/0

connection plar opx 222

then

dial-peer voice 222 voip

destination-pattren 222

session target ipv4:192.168.1.1

so the call will be forwarded from the fxo port to 222 and the dial-peer will forward that call to ext. number 222 on the ccm

and for outbound calls u need to make a POTS dial peer and associate it with ur FXO

good luck

please, if helpful rate

yeah! It works! thnk u very much!

Hi,

Thank you very much marwanshawi,

The problem is coming, I'm using connection plar command, but when the IP phone transfer to another phone, and then the caller hang up, the port still in state off-hook.

Could you plz share with me some experience to solve this problem?

Hi,

I have same problem and need your help. Thanks in advance

anwar ahmed

This is a common problem with FXO modules, the FXO module will appear to the local switch as a normal phone, and therefore the switch will never disconnect as the phone is expected to hangup.

The FXO port on the other hand expects the switch to tell it when to hang-up or remove the battery to indicate on-hook.

There is no guarantee that a near-end or far-end FXO port disconnects the call once either end of the call hangs-up.

To overcome these disconnect issues you will need to consider configuring supervisor disconnect on your voice-ports, the are different supervisor disconnect methods.

Please review the following document URL:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

HTH

Allan.