cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4402 Controller upgrade but 1100 AP does not show up?

andrew-mccabe
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded the software on the 4402 to version 5.x but now the 1100 series access points do not reassociate. Any ideas as to why? Is a hard-reset required?

11 Replies 11

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Did you follow the guidelines for updating code? You can only update 2 versions at a time. IE 4.0 to 4.2 then 4.2 to 5.1. I would not suggest anyone go to 5.0. It is very important that you allow all the APs to reassociate and download code before moving to the next version.

I received the latest update from our vendor and applied the change.

It has also been confirmed that the AP's are Aironet's 1010 models.

I am being told that the 1010's do not have a reset button either. How can this be solved

Aironet 1010s are NOT supported in 5x code as they were end of lifed several months ago. You will have to run 4.2 or earlier to see the 1010s. Cisco has a trade in policy if you contact your local account team.

I assume I can just run the 4.x aes file from the front-end to effectively downgrade the WLC?

I think that is correct. I would contact TAC to be for sure since 5x is a little flakey. If you need help just give me a call. Im a dholmes@ineteng.com

There are some other 1010 issues you need to be aware of as well. Contact me offline.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml

is a link for download process. 2 version rule applies here as well.

Thanks for your help Dennis. I am just on the phone now getting final confirmation that there is no reported issues in downgrading the controller!

Again, if you need help just drop me a line. I would really like to discuss 1010s and some immediate potential issues you might run into. I deployed over 12000 of those for Airespace in various customers.

Will drop you a line....

Roger that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: