Helpful
Replies

unity Connectioin 2.x - External callers voicemail access

sundarr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a customer who has CUCMBE.

Cisco Unity Connection is configured for all the users. We have configured a number for the users to dial from externally and retrieve the voicemail messages.

When the users dial 1 in 50 times, the Unity connection is transfering the call to operator instead of giving them sign in option. No particular port is generating this problem.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

thanks & regards

6 Replies 6

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Sundararajan,

Do you have a Port Status Monitor trace that we could check? This seems configuration and perhaps an user is sending the call to another call handler and then pressing another number that sends it to the operator.

The trace will tell us what happened with the call.

You will find the tool at this link along with a video that will help you with the setup:

http://ciscounitytools.com/App_PSM_LL.htm

Hope this helps!

Thanks for answering first of all.

i already used that tool and observed that for a successful sign it recognizes the DTMF * and plays down the sign in message and for unsuccessful call, it says no DTMF call.

Both scenarios, I am using the same phone to call the external voicemail number and this problem is experienced.

regards

What is the GW model and protocol? Is it H.323 or MGCP?

Thanks!

Gateway is MGCP.

thanks

Hello Sundararajan,

Not sure about this issue since the DTMFs are not getting to UC and it is an MGCP. the only thought that I have is that the failed calls are getting as G.729 and the DTMFs are sent inband with the voice, there is a chance that the DTMFs are lost after coding/decoding the voice.

Have you checked the codec that is used on the failed calls? Is it G.711 or G.7129?

Thanks!

hello Esteban,

Customer is making only PSTN call which is G711 and it is randomly failing.

Codec for all call is defined on the CCM/Gateway as only G711

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: