cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Filtering on 4402

RVirdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, We have a 4402 controller (SW ver 4.1.185.0) and need to set up MAC filtering for use with hand held scanners. I have set up a scanner WLAN and set authentication to none and checked the MAC filter box. I can see the scanners in the clients table associated with the scanner WLAN but they are not authenticated. They have IP addresses, but I cannot ping them or ping from them. Do I need to set up the authentication so the scanners can access the network?

4 Replies 4

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Stupid question I know, but do you haved the MAC addresses in the WLC for each scanner?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I have added the MAC address for each scanner. I can see the scanners as authenticated but am not able to ping the scanners or from the scanners past the gateway.

its using a static IP Address right?

whats the policy manager state for the client? if you click on the client from the GUI of the wlc it will say something like run, DHCP_REQ etc

Hi all, thanks for all your replies. It transpires the DHCP scope was defined incorrectly on entrerprise servers. Al sorted now.

Thanks Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card