Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA 6.0.1(a) and CUCM 6.0.1 Compatibility

Hi,

Want to migrate 4.2(3) CM configuration to 6.0.1.1000-37 CUCM.

I've downloaded 'DataMigrationAssistant-6-0-1a.exe' file to make a .tar archive.

Should I upgrade my 6.0.1 CUCM to 6.0.1(a) version to allow the import process to be successfull ?

Or it'll be possible to perform all the configuration based on current 6.0.1 version ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning Tobvian,

DMA version 6.0(1a) should work for upgrading from CUCM 4.2(3) to 6.0.1.

You might, however, run into CSCsl26081 (Upgrade from CUCM 4.2(3)SR3 to CUCM 6.0(1) fails), so hopefully as you did your potential problem analysis you planned to implement the workaround described in the bug.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

Hi Tobvian,

Thanks for posting the DMA logs. These logs show the following error just before the rollback of the installation:

10:55:15: DMAInstall.cpp: fnInstallDMA: <-- fnInstallDMA

Action 10:55:15: IDSInst4.

Info 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action IDSInst4 script error -2146827850, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'CurrentDirectory' Line 4, Column 1,

Action 10:55:15: IDSInstall. IDSSetup

These errors match the bug documented in CSCsi69720 - DMA Install to Check Window Script Engine Version.

The workaround is to download and install Windows Script 5.6 for Windows from the Microsoft web site and then reinstall DMA.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning Tobvian,

DMA version 6.0(1a) should work for upgrading from CUCM 4.2(3) to 6.0.1.

You might, however, run into CSCsl26081 (Upgrade from CUCM 4.2(3)SR3 to CUCM 6.0(1) fails), so hopefully as you did your potential problem analysis you planned to implement the workaround described in the bug.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi,

The installation procedure fails, see the sequence (2 files) of screenshots.

I've also attached log file I've found in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Cisco\Logs'.

Please, help.

Hi Tobvian,

Thanks for posting the DMA logs. These logs show the following error just before the rollback of the installation:

10:55:15: DMAInstall.cpp: fnInstallDMA: <-- fnInstallDMA

Action 10:55:15: IDSInst4.

Info 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action IDSInst4 script error -2146827850, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'CurrentDirectory' Line 4, Column 1,

Action 10:55:15: IDSInstall. IDSSetup

These errors match the bug documented in CSCsi69720 - DMA Install to Check Window Script Engine Version.

The workaround is to download and install Windows Script 5.6 for Windows from the Microsoft web site and then reinstall DMA.

Regards,

Michael.

MICHAEL, thank you a lot. It works !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: