cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Listening to MOH

richard.wood
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have an XM Satellite Radio plugged into our UC520 to serve as our MOH. On our old phone system, we could listen to the music through the phone speaker. Is there a way to listen to the MOH through the speaker on the IP phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately there is no feature that does this. One would have to put a call on hold in order to hear MOH. If this is a desirable feature, I would suggest contacting your local Cisco Account team to submit the feature request.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately there is no feature that does this. One would have to put a call on hold in order to hear MOH. If this is a desirable feature, I would suggest contacting your local Cisco Account team to submit the feature request.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael;

Thanks. I'll look into submitting a feature request.

Also: XM likely does not provide you rights for anything further than personal use so using it as a MoH source is likely illegal. You may wish to discuss with your attorney to identify what rights you have licensed and what risk you are assuming.

And yes, I know it's BS but Muzak (or whomever you prefer) isn't that much more expensive and then you're covered.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm relatively new to this position, so I'm finding out about things as I go. I'll check with my supervisor about this.

If you have XM for businesses, it is legal. See the FAQ at http://www.xm4biz.com/ (I know because i just installed it at a customer location). If you want to listen to it over the phone's speaker, you need to create a service. For the service URL, input this = RTPMRx:239.1.1.1:16384:60

Where 239.1.1.1 matches your multicast ip address. 16384 is the port number of the stream (you may have to sniff this). And the :60 is optional, and is the volume %.

Very good info on the service URL. How do you stop it once you've started it? Will it stop on an incoming call?

You can press the Exit button, the Services button, or the speaker button. It does not stop when someone calls, but it does ring over the music.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: