cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest-User custom Webauth Page

ppellettiere
Level 1
Level 1

I have created and loaded a custom webauth page on my 4400-Software version 4.2.61.0. The TAR file loaded successfully on the controller.

When a user logs in they get an ip however they never get re-directed to the page. It doesn't even try. When I try to web to 1.1.1.1 it displays page cannot be displayed.

The Default WEB page works just fine.

Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So are you saying that a guest user just gets their home page and never gets the login page? What you should do is set the LWLAN Layer3 security back to default and hit apply, then on then set it back to WebAuth and either passthrough or login is checked and hit apply. See if that fixes the issue.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Actually, the user will connect to the wireless network, get an IP address. When they try to browse out to the internet they should get redirected to a login page. The redirect never happens it doesn't even try to. This is only on the customize internal webauth page.

When I switch it back to the Cisco default page it all works fine.

Same problem here.

I have tried several webauth bundles (all upload fine). The client gets and IP, resolves the remote webserver address and is redirected to http://1.1.1.1 etc etc with all the correct parameters in the url, but the browser just displays a blank page. Running version 5.1.151.0. If I change Layer 3 security to Internal, I get the standard page displayed fine.

Are you guy's sure the html code is fine.... there are some hidden fields that need to be kept in order for WebAuth to work.

-Scott

I have made sure the hidden fields are all present. If a known working customized bundle could be posted here that would be great (have already tried the Webauth.tar bundle found elsewhere in this forum without success).

Post your webauth and I can try to load it in a test wlc later tonight.

-Scott

I've even tried the sample one of the WLC this morning with the same result (blank page displayed but all the variables are on the URL)

Just download the sample webauth bundle from a WLC running 5.1.151.0

Well I can try it later this weekend to see if 5.1.151.0 has any issues.

-Scott

hi can anybody explain me the all steps involved in customizing web auth page..i m new to this html editing

can you help on how to convert mi htm files to .tar?

I use 7-zip... But what I do is use the actual .tar file from Cisco WCS. I open it up in 7-zip and I add my new files and then delete the original files from Cisco. This keeps the tar file in good condition. I had issues if I just try to tar it from scratch. If you have issues, postbyour files and I can tar it for you.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: