cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS cant see WLA :(

meggerman
Level 1
Level 1

I proceeded with an upgrade to 5.2 on the WCS to have the latest version and now I cannot view location information, for a while it was shown as reachable but now it is not.

I have deleted and re-entered the WLA on the WCS but still no luck..

I have a sneeking suspiction that it is the SNMP community settings that have been dropped on the WCS, but i can only find SNMP template section..

any ideas ?

a.) to set the snmp for the WLA on the WCS

b.) any other reasons it may not work

the WLA is only on ver 2.4 and i need to upgrade this, i would like to do this remotley rather than locally due to its location (no pun)

cheers

Megz

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to follow the requirements for the code version of each device... WLC, WCS and WLA. Here is a matrix for you to look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/location/2700/3.1/configuration/guide/lacg_ch1.html#wp1043265

Hope this helps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have a similar problem.

I have upgraded WCS to 5.1.64.0

I also have upgraded the Location appliance from 4.0.32.0 to 5.1.30.0

Those two versions should be compatible according to the release notes.

However, the location server version 4.0.32.0 was reachable from WCS 5.1.64.0.

But when i upgraded it to 5.1.30.0, it became unreachable.

WCS can ping the location server. and TCPdump shows exchange of data between the two servers on port 8001. However, the status is still unreachable.

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you have WCS 5.1.64.0 and WLA 5.1.30.0, then your wlc needs to be Release 4.2.130 (or later) or 5.1.147.0 (or later).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/location/2700/release/notes/larn5130.html#wp998993

-Scott

thanks for your replies,

i have moved to 5.0 and am proceeding to upgrade the WLA which is on 2.4

i can now see the WLA, it was SNMP after all i had restored a backup from a previous version but still had to re-enter and reset the SNMP community name in the controller template section on the WCS.

thanks for your helps guys, the next problem to solve is that i can no longer see clients on my maps even though logging is enabled ? maybe this is where the WLA needs an upgrade

cheers

Megz

Yes... you need to make sure all devices are on a compatible code.... this is why you can't see any clients or tags.

-Scott

Also don't forgot to perform sync. between WCS and LOC APP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card