1242 AP client loss when massive ODBC connetions open

Unanswered Question
Aug 11th, 2008

I have 13 access points on our shop floor. all are configure with a basic cfg. with a total of 50 pcs on the floor.

my issue is that out of the 50 computers, 20 run a odbc connection to a network server. when the users open muliple sesions of the software, just about all of the computers on the floor start timeing out and losing their connection. is there any tools or ideas out there that might help me resolve the issue. if you need more info please let me know. thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Mon, 08/11/2008 - 10:25

Why don't you put the 20 users on a different ssid and on a diffrent vlan. This way you can isolate the subnet, unless that porgrams hoses up the ap some how.

rghernandez Tue, 08/12/2008 - 02:08

I would but i am having issues with creating the vlans, we have a sonicwall pro 3060 for a firewall and Default gateway, a hp dl380 server that does our dhcp, hp 2848's and a nortel phone system. i have the config for the Cisco Accesspoint it is everything else that i am having trouble with. we have our computers in line with the phone so i need to have a cfg that when a call is placed that it will go on the voice vlan and the data from the computer on the data. i am extreamly amature at best on creating vlans.

Actions

This Discussion