Views
Helpful
Replies

RDP plugin on ssl web vpn on ASA Version 7.2

AGINetworkGroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am facing problem while configuring SSL Web VPN on my ASA 5510 which is on version 7.2.

I need to configure RDP access to the internal servers for the users using SSL Web VPN for which i dont see an option while configuring it though I have uploaded the plugin to my ASA.

Can anyone help me resolve my problem.

Regards,

K.V.Krisshna

8 Replies 8

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Are you able to login via SSL WebVPN?

Once you download the rdp plug-in into ASA that is prety much it, rdp will be loaded once your client logs into SSL web. IN SSL menu select on left hand side , then you will have the address field change to Address [rdp://] >>> here you will type ip address of host

you want to rdp into.

Make sure:

1- Already installed in ASA rdp-plugin.jar

2- Enable RDP on host you want to rdp into

3- Have proper acl allowing WebVPN pool network access to Host where you want to rdp

assume RDP host is inside net

access-list inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip

Here is some basics

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808c0603.shtml

I will be back in a few to continue help..

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thank you Jorge for the prompt reply.

The example above is for ASA version 8.X and I have the ASA in 7.2.3 version. Though I have uploaded the rdp-plugin.jar into my ASA but i do not see option to opt "rdp://" through ASDM.

Any thoughts,

Regards,

K.V.Krisshna

Have you actually created Webvpn tunnel , the

rdp:// will show after your webvpn users login to the portal, see attached pics.

SSL configuration example 7.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00806ea271.shtml

Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge,

Yes Webvpn is enabled on the ASA and am able to login and see other url's in it.

I got the solution for the problem, ASA has 7.x version and it does not support RDP plugin but RDP can be configured with port forwarding enabled on it with web based RDP enabled on the windows server (configuring IIS).

Thank you for the quick response.

K.V.Krisshna

I had the same problems and it took me a while until I found out that the RDP plugin needs 8.x

Anyway: besides RDP-plugin, if SSL VPN is a important thing for You, You should take a closer look at 8.x....

first it can be good to upgrade from 7.2 to the current 9.1.4 (asa914-k8.bin). It will support IE10 and windows 8.

Currently i have 9.1.3 and IE11 is not working with the rdp plugin. So I use the remote desktop client in windows (mstsc.exe). My maintenance contract is not up to date but it will be in 2 week max!

Did it already work and now it stop? If yes, check your Internet Explorer Version. It can be the problem.

Also you can download the most recent RDP plugin. To download the Terminal Service client plugin for ASA.   Service Contract Required rdp_09.11.2012.jar

My older post is no longuer valid, the hyperlink have change and the path to download the plugin also!

dear sir can you tell me how did you solve this problem cause i am facing this problem too

i have an asa 5520 with 7.2

also my web vpn config is up and running but still can't access thr rdp from any windows machine

Daniel marcotte
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using ASA 5510 V 8.4(2)8 and this link give me the rdp-plugin.101215.jar that i need

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=279916854&flowid=4818&softwareid=282829226&release=1.1.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

Remote Access Plugins for Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)

hope this will help someone

the exact way:

Products

Security

Multi-Function Security

Multi-Function Security Appliances

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances

Cisco ASA 5510 Adaptive Security Appliance

Remote Access Plugins for Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)-1.1.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: