cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unified comm manager and unified comm manager xpress.

cisfajorin
Level 1
Level 1

pls I want to know the difference btw cisco unified communications manager and cisco unified communications manager xpress,I als want to know the advantage one has over the other.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Olakunle,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Chris (+5 points for this Chris :)

Here is a doc (attached) called "Selling Cisco Unified Communications Express". It gives a feature comparison between CME 4.0 and CCM 4 and 5, as well as compares CUE to Unity and Unity Connection.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Without going into feature parity CME is router based on runs on the Cisco router, CM is software based and runs on server(s), obvilusly the biggest driver is deployment size and pricing. With CME number of supported phones depends on the router type and can scale up to 240 phones on 3845 router. With CM you could in theory support 30,000 phones in a cluster. Obviously CM has more features, but there are features on CME that are not available on CM (i.e. paging). I would recommand looking at the SRND doc for both for more details:

cisco.com/go/srnd

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Hi Olakunle,

Just to add a note to the great tips from Chris (+5 points for this Chris :)

Here is a doc (attached) called "Selling Cisco Unified Communications Express". It gives a feature comparison between CME 4.0 and CCM 4 and 5, as well as compares CUE to Unity and Unity Connection.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

5 points again for taking time and providing accurate links.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Thanks buddy! Much appreciated my friend.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: