cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3000 Concentrator serial access

onlinebusiness
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to setup an older 3000 series concentrator we have here, however I don't have the credentials. The issue I'm having is that I can't get any response from the console. I'm using the proper RS232 cable and have setup a session using 9600-8-1-N. I can't get any output from the device.

I know it's active as I can SSH and browse to the devices logins.

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Are you using a straight through Serial cable , I use serial DB9 female to RJ-45 adapter at each end for connecting to VPN console port and PC serial port, you may use a regular straight through CAT5 cable if you do have the female DB9-RJ45 adapters.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn3000/vpn3000_47/quick/guide/gs2inst.html#wp1050260

Jorge Rodriguez

The 3000 only has a male serial port unlike newer Ciso products with the RJ-45 console port. I'm using a female - female serial cable.

The concentrator uses a straight-through cable unlike the other Cisco devices which use a rollover DB9 to DB9 (Old PIX, IDS etc.)

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: