Views
Helpful
Replies

NetShow Job Failing ERROR:RME_CDL1031 - - LMS 3.1

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

I have a NetShow job that is failing with this message:

ERROR:RME_CDL1031:Transport session to device failed Unable to enter ENABLE mode from USER mode Unable to enter ENABLE mode from USER mode

I have double checked the credentials in DCR and I am able to successfully use the same ones going directly to the device. Also these are only SHOW commands so I don't know why they require enable mode. Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Two things. One, "show modules" is not a valid IOS command. Two, you separated your commands with a newline instead of a comma. When entering Netshow custom commands, they must be comma-separated. Try the following:

show ver,show running-config,show access-lists

View solution in original post

You can get access to the output using cwcli:

cwcli netshow jobresults -u admin -p admin -id 1358 -output netshow_1358.txt

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable ConfigJob debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, re-run the job, then post the job log.

log attached

What version of CatOS is this switch running?

The switch is actually running IOS 12.2(33)but may have been converted from CatOS since the original CW discovery. Perhaps that's the problem. This conversion will be taking place on devices throughout our enterprise. What is the best way to deal handle this from CiscoWorks perspective?

Yep, that's the problem. Since everything has changed about this device, my advice would be to remove it from DCR, then re-add it. After that, everything should just work.

I have removed it and re-added it. I can now run the job successfully, but I have a new problem. I cannot see the output from the show commands in the job. Any ideas?

When the job runs successfully, get the job properties, then click on Successful Devices. That will bring up a list of successful devices. Next to each device name will be a hyperlinked "Success". Click on that, and you will see the job results. you can also go to RME > Tools > Netshow > Output Archive, check the box next to the job, then click View, and click on the Success link(s).

I've done as you said, but the output on the right is still blank. I've clicked on the hyperlinks and tried with and IE browser too. I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks.

Two things. One, "show modules" is not a valid IOS command. Two, you separated your commands with a newline instead of a comma. When entering Netshow custom commands, they must be comma-separated. Try the following:

show ver,show running-config,show access-lists

That's got it. Job still shows up as failed, but all the output is there. "show mod" seems to get what I need on IOS. Thanks for your help.

One last thing. Is there any way to export the output? The only option I see is a print icon.

Thanks.

You can get access to the output using cwcli:

cwcli netshow jobresults -u admin -p admin -id 1358 -output netshow_1358.txt

Perfect Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: