Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation-Rule

CrazyDonJuan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pros,

Was wondering if there was a max traslation-rule if router can accept?For example, I have a 2801 which is max out after only 253 translation-rules.At fisrt, I though that was a memory issue, I added more memory,but but that did not solve the issue.

What is more suprising is I added the same config with a few more translation-tule, let say 300 translation, on a 3825 series router with a new IOS. I still got the same issue, no more translation-rule is accepted after the first 253 translation-rules.

Any adeas anyone?

CrazyDonJuan

4 Replies 4

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

a Voice Translation Rule can have upto 10 ruls underneath it. You need to add multiple rule's under your voice translation rule then 1. Also if you have that many trans profiles I assume you not utilizing the masking features right, I've never used like more then 5-6 and I do tons of trans's

Chad

Usage Guidelines

Use the voice translation-rule command to create the definition of a translation rule. Each definition includes up to 15 rules that include SED-like expressions for processing the call translation. A maximum of 128 translation rules are supported.

These translation rules are grouped into profiles that are referenced by trunk groups, dial peers, source IP groups, voice ports, and interfaces.

Examples

The following example initiates translation rule 150, Which includes two rules:

Router(config)# voice translation-rule 150

Router(cfg-translation-rule)# rule 1 reject /^408\(.(\)/

Router(cfg-translation-rule)# rule 2 /\(^...\)853\(...\)/ /\1525\2/

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_v1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your answer; however, I have 310 translation-rule with each of them has 10 rules underneath,so I have a total of 3100 rules in this 2801!

I was thinking a redesign with voice translation-rule.The problem is we can only have up to 128 voice translation with 15 rules underneath...!

I also though changing the 2801 for 3825 with a newer IOS would resolve the issue, but I was mistaken. Two days ago, I made a test with 3825 and still having the same issue, not able to add more translation-rule.

Yesterday, I received an email from one of the TAC engineer.He le me know that the issue is not the hardware it is the IOS.What bring me to ask now what version of IOS that support up to 500 translation-rule?

Thanks,

CrazyDonJuan

I have to ask, what the hell do you need so many translations for? Can you post your config here, I've got to see this, and know its application if you don't mind. I am interested ;p

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: