Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME and CUE basic questions

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm just learning how to use CCME and CUE and have two questions regarding.

1 - I've managed to configure two phones with voicemail, they seem to work fine but I am annoyed by the fact that when I hit the messages button that I have to enter the ID before entering the password (not so in regular Unity). Is there a way to change it so that the userID is determined by the phone accessing CUE?

2 - I would like to erase my CCME and CUE configs so that I start at the begining again and have to go through the Initialization Wizard for CUE all over again (this is for training). I think for CCME it would be "no telephony-service", what about CUE?

Thanks,

-Shikamarunara

13 Replies 13

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

for the first question

try to make a name with the line for that user

Hi Shikamarunara,

To add to Marwan's comment, Like Cisco Unity, Unity Express does support Easy Message Access feature.

Easy message access - A subscriber can retrieve messages without entering a user ID. Cisco Unity Express identifies a subscriber by the extension from which the call originated. A password may be required.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/integration/unity_exp/configuration/guide/cue_cme1.html#wp1167862

For the second question:

1. Put the system offline

2. Restore factory defauls

As described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/11bkrst.html#wp1012055

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

hi Michael

this is 5+ from me :)

Michael,

Bare with me, I'm having trouble understanding this thread and now I'm confused. Marwan seems to imply (but, frankly, I don't completely understand what he's saying) that it is possible to access voicemail from a ccme phone without having to enter the ID. Your next point explicitly says that it's not supported in ccme. Which is it?

As for the second point, thank you so much. :)

-Shikamarunara

Hi Shikamarunara,

My point was actually in agreement that it is indeed possible to access voicemail from a ccme phone without having to enter the ID. I apologise if I wasn't as clear as I ought to have been. I hope this clarifies it for you.

And you are very welcome. Thanks for the opportunity to assist.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for clearing that up. Can you help me understand what "for the first question try to make a name with the line for that user" means? Is he saying that on the ephone-dn I should add "name extensionnumber" to accomplish this?

-Shikamaru

hi there

i think if u read this Doc u gonna get more knowledge

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

good luck

Hi Shikamaru,

I honestly can't explain the statement. I'll defer to Marwan to shed further light. Marwan has been a great contributor to these forums, so I suspect he has a trick or two up his sleeve here.

On a side note, does your CCME configuration include the dialplan pattern statement? This commands translates the dialed number of internal calls to the digit string specified in the dialplan-pattern command statement. This might be a number that CUE does not recognize because it no longer equals the extension associated with the mailbox. This may be the cause of the behavior you are seeing. This known issue and the workarounds are described in the following two links:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCee57422

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/200/fn29926.html

Regards,

Michael.

I suspect that you are very correct. I'll run a debug, press the messages button, and see what comes up.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

-Shikamarunara

if u post the cme and cue config will be helpful

Michael

really i appreciate this from u espcially u are an expert in the industry

i will try with him when i get time as soon as possible

thanks again :)

Shikamarunara

for basic config u have to have the following in ur CUE

let sya u have the following config in ur CME

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 2003

call-forward busy 2105

call-forward noan 2105 timeout 10

ephone 3

ephone-template 1

username "acoley"

mac-address 0003.AAAA.0003

speed-dial 2 3050 label "Customer Svc"

paging-dn 25

button 1:3

and in CUE u should have

username acoley phonenumber "2003"

voicemail mailbox owner "acoley" size 5520

description "acoley mailbox"

zerooutnumber "2100"

end mailbox

while the username is what user u have

good luck

Oh, I see. I think the only thing I was missing was syntax on the ephone specifying the username, then I need to add syntax that specifies that the username is related to a specific extension. I'll give it a shot.

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: