Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Directory

prakashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cme installed in Site A. My call manager is in Site B. I want my cme users to access the directory of Call manager located at Site B. Can someone guide.Under telephony services in cme, I have configured the directory URL of call manager.

-Prakash

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Prakash,

The recommended config for this type of setup is to actually configure the CME users on the CCM Directory and then tweak the CME to point to the CCM Directory. Have a look;

To enable an external directory resource on supported Cisco Unified IP phones and disable local directory services on those same phones, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

To use a Cisco Unified Communications Manager directory as an external directory source for Cisco Unified CME phones, the Cisco Unified Communications Manager must be made aware of the phones. You must list the MAC addresses of the Cisco Unified CME phones in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager and reset the phones from the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It is not necessary for you to assign ephone-dns to the phones or for the phones to register with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Restrictions

Provisioning of the directory URL to select an external directory resource disables the Cisco Unified CME local directory service.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. telephony -service

4. url {directory | service} url ***something like http://172.16.242.240/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

5. end

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmedirs.html#wp1015876

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

That was excellent information. I have not added these mac addresses in the CUCM. Will update you after the work.

Thanks

Prakash

Hi Rob,

This is solved.

Thanks a lot!!!!

-Prakash

Hi Rob,

Is there any way to use fastdial even external directory is enabled because when you enable external directory local directory disabled. Thank in advance

Problem is resolved.

I enabled local directoy for cme to access local database and defined CallManager external directory as a service so now I can access both directories.

Hi Rob,

I have similar kind of setup with CCM 4.1 on the Head Office and CME 7.0 on the remote office.

I have a problem with CME phones are not able access the corporate directory of CCM even though i have added the phone mac's of CME in CCM and on CME telephony service does carry the url of CCM ( i have done it as per the cisco document)

The phones are not getting URL from CME , any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thanks

ARIF

Arif,

Did you integrate external corporate directory.

Hi Anwar,

I did integrate, here is my telephony service config.

no service directed-pickup

url directories http://11.100.11.14/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

url services http://11.100.11.14/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp

11.100.11.14 is my CCM ip.

still the phones are unable to show up the URL's

Please suggest.

Thanks

Arif

Arif,

Defined IP phone in CCM and reset from there then it will show in directory or service button.

Anwar Ahmed

Dear Anwar,

I did this as well, still the phone does not show up the URL at all.

I did checked the Directory URL from the pc which is connected to the phone and it opens the url.

What i have observed is that since we have a Single subnet for the voice and data network, i have seen in some of the other site phones where the URL directory is working , that phone shows as the VIOCE VLAN Enabled : YES and in the location of the phones where the directory is not working it shows VOICE VLAN Enabled : NO

Do you think this would make a difference.

Can you suggest if i can find out what is causing this problem by means of any debug commands.

Thanks

ARIF

Hi Anwar,

Could you please share a sample config on how you made this work.

Thanks

Prakash

Hi Prakash,

Do not disable local directory and just defined corporate directory URL under service url.

Hi Experts,

I have a question about using CM as an external directory for CME

If I just need for the CME users to be able to browse the external directory/CM (but doesn't need the CME IP Phones to be listed in the directory) do I still need to register the MAC address of the CME Ip phones to the CM ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Regi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: