cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity cross server login

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

We have 10 Unity integrations, 10 seperate pilot points across 3 servers.

Cross server login works fine except when it tries and locate the home server it says 'one moment please' - this is in a US English prompt, how can I change this to be UK English.

Also how can I setup a single Pilot point for Unity i.e 1 number that will round robin around all the individual Unity pilot points(need it for external access- we only want 1 number advertised externally)....cheers, Jag

12 Replies 12

milucero
Level 1
Level 1

What version of Unity?

Cross server login is what you are looking for. Take a look here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/networking/guide/ex/5xcunet030e.html

Cross-server logon allows administrators to provide subscribers who are homed on different Cisco Unity servers in the same dialing domain with one phone number that they can call to log on to Cisco Unity. When calling from outside the organization to log on to Cisco Unity, subscribers-no matter which is their home Cisco Unity server-call the same number and are transferred to the applicable home Cisco Unity server to log on.

As far as changing this prompt, do you want to cahnge them all, or only this one?

Cisco will only support change them all, but if you fire up the port status momitor dial into the server, and watch teh tool, it will show you the exact file it is playing out, so you might be able to swap that one out...

Michael,

if one of our primary Unity servers were to fail would it be feasable to assume that its secondary pair should participate in the cross server login. Unfortunetly one of our primarys failed and the secondary did not take calls from cross server logins..Cheers, Jaginder.

According to this it is supposed to work.

If the system is using Digital Networking: Set up Digital Networking. Refer to the “Digital Networking” chapter of the Networking Guide for Cisco Unity Release 5.x at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guides_list.html. (Note that the settings for Digital Networking are replicated to the secondary server.)

Hope this helps.

Randy

The secondary may not perform cross-box roles properly if you forget to set the auto-attendant search scope on the secondary server. This is a registry change and registry settings aren't replicated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/networking/guide/ex/5xcunet020e.html#wpmkr1073139

Brad

Brad, thanks the setting is in on all Unity primary and secondary servers...Jag.

Brad, just done bit of digging around , the options in the dialling domain under SA do not have any of the cross server login options ticked. The Unity Pilot numbers have come across from the Primary but not the other settings. The SA page does not allow me to make changes to that page on the secondary - just can't understand why those settings have not come across?

I believe some of those dialing domain settings in the SA are stored in the Registry rather than in the database. Only database entries get replicated.

-Eric

Hi Eric, any info on where to check that in the registry or is it just via the advanced settings tool?

You shouldn't need to go to the registry. The SA does this for you. You'll just need to manually enter the same data in the SA on both the primary and secondary servers.

-Eric

SA on secondary won't allow input of the settings - should be done on primary only.

Ah, right, I recall now. I think you have to failover (make the Secondary active) so that the SA allows edits. I think there is a UI bug for this somewhere but can't find it right now.

thanks Eric.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: