Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6.2

HI all,

I have a strange issue... i have an ip phone connected to a switch this ip phone is reghistered with a call manager 6.2. now for soe reason the phone kepps on restarting after every 5 mins. also i can see that the extension number on the phone is not in the range that i had entered for the phones to have in the calll manager administration tool. plz help.

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so how is that phone registered???

auto-registration??

look at the app log for further details of the cause

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ce_j1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

check to see that the telephone has the right ip address from the right pool. I would also try to connect the phone to another switch port that has been tested with another phone that is working properly to see if the switch port is faulty or if this is a general network problem. Basically, a phone reboots whens its lost connection to the network, and if its a PoE switch maybe a problem with power.

i checked the switch ports ihave other phones connected to them... there does not seem to be any problem with the switch.. i dont know why after every 5 mins the phones restarts. to configure the phone wat i did is i assigned it an ip address myself from the pool i had... dhcp was disabled... i typed in all d settings manually and then connected the phone to the switch where i also have the call manager connected... i dont kno why this is hapenin... i have another call manager 4.2 and i hav an ip phone connected to it in the same way... and it is working perfectly fine... plz suggest

ne suggestions plz?

The following procudre has saved my life many times and I am pretty sure it will work for you. It removes all existing config including any old firmware from the phone and upgrades to the latest available version provided by your 6.2 server.

Try the following:

1)Unplug the cable from the phone

2)Hold the # key and replug the cable back

3)Do not release the # key and hold it for about 10-15 seconds

4)Wait until the lines start flashing

5)As soon as the lines flash, release the # key and dial the following digits using the phone keypad (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,*,0,# in the order. You have 10 seconds to dial all digits. If you fail to dial within 10 seconds, you may need to start over.

This a factory reset and it does the magic. The phone releases the old firmware and downloads the new one.

The upgrade procedure may take up to 5-7 minutes for each phone.

Good luck

MK

I have tried this several times but it aint doing any good... i dont why why the phone has to estart again and again... what wrong hav i done in the config why does it get registered with the call manager but still gets restarted after a couple of minutes..some one plz suggest

Do you have the correct phone load and did you build that MAC with the correct phone type?

Some how its working fine now... i did not do any changes... the phones are online and are not restarting... i dont kno how this happened...

The TFTP service in CUCM can only host 150 connection, if this is a new deployment, the TFTP will refuse additional connections until the active ones finish to download the configuration file or the load upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: