cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2960

jackrivituso
Level 1
Level 1

I have a catalyst 2960 and its connected to a redundant power supply. I rebooted the catalyst and the switch is now running primarily off the rps instead of the house current. Is there a configurable command to change that to house current or do I have to reboot again and plug switch power and rps power in some sort of sequence.

5 Replies 5

rdessert
Level 1
Level 1

Jack,

I'm not aware of any way to prioritize power supplies with the 2960 model. I suggest leaving it plugged in to house current, unplug it from the rps, reboot the switch and then plug it back into the rps.

Rich

Jack,

The 2960s do not have the "Automatic backoff" feature available in 3750E and 3560E devices therefore they won't go back to internal power by themselves. On those same "E" switches you can change the RPS port from active to standby via CLI but again is not going to help you since 2960s are not capable of same function.

Rich has described already how to get back to internal power supply, I'm afraid there is no other way around and you will have to schedule a downtime.

Hi,

Do you have any CISCO document supporting this?

I mean which we can forward to Customer which says that "Automatic Backoff" is not available in 2960.

BR,

sachin

Hi Sachin,

"Automatic Backoff" is only supported for 3750-E and 3560-E models, all other switches are not capable to support this.

Here is the Q&A link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7148/ps7130/prod_qas0900aecd805bbf21.html

Hope This Helps.......

Shaheen

Thanks a lot Shaheen....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card