4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kristian,

verify the console cable you are using on another device it could be faulty

verify your serial port settings

they should be 9600 bps 8 bit 1 bit stop no parity flow control none

try to telnet to the router instead of sending it in ROMMON (you may need a cross-over ethernet RJ45 cable)

Hope to help

Giuseppe

after searcing awile on the net i probaly found the solution. The problem isnt the cable ore the connection setting on the port

but rather that i use a x64 and a usb-serial adapter. Booted up an old xp pc and i worked straith away

Hello Kristian,

interesting to know that Windows XP 64 bit + usb to rs232 adapter can be a problem for console connections to cisco routers

Best Regards

Giuseppe

after some further diging i found out this isnt the x64 os same thing happend when i used the rs232 adapter in the old Pc, when i got it working i just used the com port and not the adapter, sry being abit in the rush there to blame the os ;). But its not the adapter itself to blame either since i use it to configure several types of alarm systems and Nortel switches whitout any issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card