cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need second fast ethernet on 2620xm router.

pedro.rocha1
Level 4
Level 4

I am having a heck of a time finding information on this. I have a 2620xm router that only has one ethernet port on it. Is there an expansion I can get that allows me another ethernet port.

I have thus far assumed that all of the WIC cards won't allow me to attach to an ethernet LAN. Thanks, all.

7 Replies 7

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look for:

LAN and WIC Combo Network Modules

LAN Network Modules

Ethernet Switching Network Modules

here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

You can also create a subinterface on the existing fast ethernet and setup a trunk to route the new subnet.

That's what I was going to end up doing, but I guess version 12.2(15)t5 software doesn't support encapsulation? Because I went into the sub-interface of the one ethernet port and it wouldn't take the encapsulation command.

You can refer to this guide when picking out WICs and NMs

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a00800ae37f.shtml

You'll notice that there aren't any fast ethernet cards supported in the 2600 router series.

I have a NM-1E in my 2620 and it's the interface connected to my cable modem. It works great and I get full 10 Mbps download speeds and full fast ethernet on my LAN.

************** Tristan Manduley Cisco TAC

Tmandule,

Are you sure your router is 2600 series and not 3600 series?  From the same link you provided, the NM-1E is not supported under the 2600 and 2600XM series. Only 3600 series.

Reza,

The NM-1E isn't listed in the compatibility chart. I'm just guessing here but it probably is compatible with any of the listed routers. It definitely does work in my 2620. 

The modules that won't work are FastEthernet or cards with extra WIC slots, such as NM-1FE2W

************** Tristan Manduley Cisco TAC
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco