cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

On-Hold Ringback on UCM

robb.allred
Level 1
Level 1

Using UCM version 5.1.3 - need to know if there is a parameter or timer to set a ringback for callers put on hold. For example, if I put a call on hold and forget about them, after a set time limit (say 2 minutes), my phone rings again reminding me there is a caller on hold. Maybe ringback isn't the correct terminology.

Does this feature exist for version 5.1.3, and if so, where is it set?

Thanks,

robb

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robb,

Just to add a note here;

The feature you want is called "Hold Reversion" The bad thing is that this feature is available on CCM 4.2/6.x and not CCM 5.x Have a look;

The Hold Reversion feature alerts a phone user when a held call exceeds a configured time limit. When the held call duration exceeds the limit, Cisco Unified CallManager generates alerts, such as a ring or beep, at the phone to remind the user to handle the call. The held call becomes a reverted call when the hold duration exceeds the configured time limit.

The types of alerts that are generated at the phone for reverted calls depend on the capabilities of the phone device. Cisco Unified Call Manager provides the following alerts when the hold reversion feature activates, depending on the capabilities of the phone and the firmware release that is installed.

The phone rings once or beeps once.

The status line briefly displays "Hold Reversion" for the reverted call at the user phone.

The LED next to the line button flashes continuously on the phone handset, like other alerting operations.

A "wobbling" handset icon displays for a reverted call.

From this CCM 4.2.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e55c.html

This "Hold Reversion" feature is available on CCM 6.X as well!

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Of course it exists and the timer is set under the System -> Serivce Parameters -> Call Manager.

I beleive it is under the clusterwide parameters, features.

HTH,

Chad

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robb,

Just to add a note here;

The feature you want is called "Hold Reversion" The bad thing is that this feature is available on CCM 4.2/6.x and not CCM 5.x Have a look;

The Hold Reversion feature alerts a phone user when a held call exceeds a configured time limit. When the held call duration exceeds the limit, Cisco Unified CallManager generates alerts, such as a ring or beep, at the phone to remind the user to handle the call. The held call becomes a reverted call when the hold duration exceeds the configured time limit.

The types of alerts that are generated at the phone for reverted calls depend on the capabilities of the phone device. Cisco Unified Call Manager provides the following alerts when the hold reversion feature activates, depending on the capabilities of the phone and the firmware release that is installed.

The phone rings once or beeps once.

The status line briefly displays "Hold Reversion" for the reverted call at the user phone.

The LED next to the line button flashes continuously on the phone handset, like other alerting operations.

A "wobbling" handset icon displays for a reverted call.

From this CCM 4.2.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e55c.html

This "Hold Reversion" feature is available on CCM 6.X as well!

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have only looked and done this feature ona 4.2 and 6.x, good one rob, a Plus 5 for sure!

Chad

Hi Chad,

Thanks buddy! It's very hard to remember what's what with these versions thats for sure.

Take care,

Rob

Yep - agreed. That explains why it wasn't in the serviceability.

Thanks for the help!!

Exactly what I was looking for - Thanks Rob

Robb

Hi Robb,

You are most welcome my friend :) Glad to be of some small help here.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: