Views
Helpful
Replies

Cluster CM 6.1 and Exchange 2007

mgarciar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CM 6.1 and Exchange 2007 on lab environment. It was integrated directly, through SIP Trunk on CM. Unified Message features of Exchange works fine with one CM, but if I have CM cluster, it has issues with IP Phones registered on Subscriber (IP Phones registered on Subscriber are unable to talk to Exchange).

Exchange side allow configure just one IP for CM. I guess it can solve using IP to IP gw between both (CM Cluster <-> IP_IP_GW <-> Exchange 2007), but I want to know if someone know if it can be done without IP IP GW.

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies 11

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are you saying you have a second cluster? kind of confusing what you are stating.

CUCM --- Exchange 2007 SIP trunk working

Works with publisher, but not with the subscriber?

I mean one CM cluster with one Exchange Server 2007; it works with IP Phones on Publisher, but it doesn't work with IP Phones on Subscriber. I am not talking about two clusters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So you probably need to create a DNS record for the SIP trunk from Exchange to the cluster.

cucm.company.com

ip address publisher

ip address subscriber

This way, when the publisher is down, it try the next server (subscriber)

In Exchange, put in the cucm.company.com. (or will it only allow IP addresses?)

Hi,

I am building the same lab.

Did you come across a good integration guide for CUCM6.x and Exch2007.

Did using DNS A records solve the problem. You could also try using SRV records to contact the SIP trunk.

Anthony

febinattingal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I planned to integrate cm 6.1 and exchange 2007 directly through sip trunk.Please give me the documents to configre ccm and exchange 2007.

Thanks in advance......

Thanks for your fast reply...

We are trying to establish a SIP trunk between CCM 6.1 and Exchange 2007 UM server. We have configured CCM as per the MS document attached in this email.

However MS Exchange 2007 UM Server gives the following error in the Event Log:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: MSExchange Unified Messaging

Event Category: UMService

Event ID: 1088

Date: 8/14/2008

Time: 2:33:44 PM

User: N/A

Computer: EX-NL-UM1

Description:

The IP gateway or IP-PBX "10.3.10.13" did not respond to a SIP OPTIONS request from the Unified Messaging server. The error code that was returned is "503" and the error text is "Service Unavailable:The requested operation failed.".

Can you help us with some leads as to what we might be doing wrong in the configuration of the SIP Trunk? Why is the CCM not responding to a SIP OPTIONS request from the UM Server?

Because the SIP Trunk in CUCM is responding with "Service Unavailable" in response to a SIP Options request, try the following steps to see if they help:

1. Make sure the CallManager whose IP address is 10.3.10.13 is part of the CallManager Group in the Device Pool assigned to the SIP trunk.

2. Make sure the 'Destination Address is an SRV' check box on the SIP trunk configuration page is checked. After checking it, save, then reset the trunk.

3. Try toggling the setting of 'MTP Required'. If currently checked, uncheck, reset trunk, then test, and vice versa.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your valuable reply.Now its working fine...We can able to establish SIP trunk with Microsoft UM. Voice mail is functioning properly.

Thank you very much.....

You're welcome, Febin. Thanks for the update, Febin. I'm glad its all working well for you.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michel,

I have a problem with CDR. I am using CCM 5.1.2 version.My problem is CDR data is not available in some peride of time.please find the attached error message.I got some docs,but all are CCM 4.x configurations.

Please Help me .its very Urgent...

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: