cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding "9" to list of received calls

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

We need to dial "9" to reach any outside number wether it be local, ld or intl. When users bring up their list of received calls the calls show the calling number which obviously doesn't have a "9" in front. Is there a way to modify the list of received calls so they can be dialed with a "9" in the front without the user having to edit the number first?

Thanks,

Diego

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Deigo,

H323 or MGCP? H323 make a translation profile on the incoming gateway do prepend 9 to all calling numbers.

MGCP, use the natiaonal, international etc prefi' in the ccm service parameters..

HTH, please rate useful posts..

Chad

Actually using CME with PRI PSTN interface. I have a translation profile with rules applied to the PRI voice-port that translates the called number (DID) to internal extensions. I guess I can play with adding another rule to that profile to add the "9". The problem would be to do that without breaking anything else! ;)

Thanks,

Diego

Hi sir, I wannt know how to make it under MGCP? WOuld u pls give me some detailed procedure? Thanks

Hi Zhang,

There is a nice step by step guide in this doc;

Add Prefix to the Missed Call Number

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

For H323 or CME here is what I use:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\+1\(.*\)/ /91\1/

rule 2 /^1\(.*\)/ /91\1/

rule 3 /\+\(.*\)/ /91\1/

rule 4 /\(.*\)/ /91\1/

!

voice translation-profile DID_Incoming

translate calling 1

then I apply this to the inbound dial peer for the PRI....

Would you be so kind as to explain why so many rules? There is an example in doc called "Number Translation using Voice Translation Profiles" that shows this "catch all" rule:

"Prefix inbound number"

rule 1 // /555/

Maybe this is too simple?

Diego

I have one for each possible inbound number (NANPA)

I'm sure there is an easier way to do it, but this is what works for me...was just giving an example :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: