cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring FXO port trunk group

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have a system with 4 FXO ports and I have a total of 16 dial-peers configured for these 4 FXO ports. The 16 works out to 4 dial-peers for each FXO since each dial-peer matches different outbound call types such as local, ld and intl. Can I use a trunk-group to encompass all four FXO ports and then use only 4 dial-peers pointing to the trunk-group? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks,

Diego

3 Replies 3

Frank Vo
Level 1
Level 1

The config below might be what you are after. More details can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_t1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1491022

voice-port 0/0/0

trunk-group ABC

voice-port 0/0/1

trunk-group ABC

voice-port 0/0/2

trunk-group ABC

voice-port 0/0/3

trunk-group ABC

dial-peer voice 100 pots

trunkgroup ABC

also note

trunk group ABC

hunt-scheme <--this will allow you to chose top down, etc..

voice-port 0/0/0

trunk-group ABC preference 1

Chad

Funny thing I noticed when trying this out. I have four voice-ports numbered 0/1/0, 0/1/1, 0/1/2 and 0/1/3. I want to use them from the bottom up so I added trunk-group ABC 1 to 0/1/3, trunk-group ABC 2 to 0/1/2 and so on. If I have an analog line with tone on 0/1/3 it is used first as expected. However, if I have no line on 0/1/3 the system gives me a busy signal?! I thought the failure to get tone on 0/1/3 would cause it to use the next in line which is 0/1/2. Is this normal?

Diego