cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Red Light voicemail prompt on Cisco IP Phone won't work

redrobish
Level 1
Level 1

got a user whose been complaining that the vm light is not working when someone leaves a message. he got 2 phone registered to the CM (7940 & 7936 ufo).

My understanding on this is that the UFO Phone (Model 7936) has a lower MAC Address, hence it will be on top where all the red light message commands will be sent to and the 7936 is not capable of it. is this correct?

any troubleshooting tips on how to make the vm light on his 7940?

note: the 7936 should is not to be remove!

thnx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

it was step by step

anyway

the above config

in the Unity administration page

good luck

please, if helpful rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Enable MWI on Another Extension

There may be times you want an extension, other than the one associated with a subscriber, to activate MWI when a new message arrives. This might be desirable if a subscriber has phones in different physical locations with different extensions and wants to be able to receive MWI for a single voice mailbox on both phones.

Step 1. From within SA, select Subscribers>Subscribers.

Step 2. Click the Find icon and enter search criteria that match the subscriber account you plan to edit and click Find.

Step 3. Choose the subscriber from the list that displays.

Step 4. Select Messages from the left side of the screen.

Step 5. Click the Add button, which is at the bottom of the screen under the MWI Extension field.

Step 6. Enter the extension number on which you want to activate MWI in the new empty field that displays.

Step 7. Click the Save icon in the title strip.

source cisco press,

good luck

please, if helpful rate

Thanks for the reply.

Can you give a clearer details on what to do?

like:is this should be done on the CM admin?

sorry just a newbie...

thnx

it was step by step

anyway

the above config

in the Unity administration page

good luck

please, if helpful rate

i see, sorry for the confusion, I should have include that were using a 3rd party voicemail.

Thanks for the great help.

Hope anyone have any more ideas?

thnx

Finally fixed.

I forced the registration of the 7940 instead of the 7936 in our voicemail system since it can only have 1 phone at a time for the message light work.

Thanks marwanshawi for the idea!

thnx

u welcome

and good u get it working

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: