Views
Helpful
Replies

configure ASA customization portal object error

jackson.ku
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

My ASA version is 8.0.4. When I configure any of customization object at Configuration - Remote Access VPN - Clientless SSL VPN Access - Portal - Customization, it open a new browser windows and popup "Can not open customization profile attempt to index global `webfo' (a nil value)

" error message. I try to erase all of the configuration of my ASA, but it does not work. Can you please help to resolve this problem?

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

6 Replies 6

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Try reloading the AS which will solve the issue as similar issues have been solved before by ASA reload.Also provide the output of "show Tech" if issue exists after reload.

Is there any other way than reboot the ASA to solve that issue?

No other way?

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

Jackson,

How did you end up resolving this issue in the end?

I have the same problem.

Reloading the ASA doesn't make any difference.

ChrisO

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered the resolution to this problem.

I had to enter:

"revert webvpn all"

and then reload the ASA.

After that the DfltCustomization template now appeared under Portal/Customization menu and I was able to double-click and edit the object and get into the SSL VPN Customization Editor and get on with configuring the box.

ChrisO

Another simple manipulation is to disable webvpn and enable it again. I did it and it worked, without reloading the Firewall. In the CLI it's:

webvpn

no enable outside

enable outside

And it's ok :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card