Views
Helpful
Replies

interface tracking.

pulkit.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two routers running HSRP between them. In active router a wireless link is comming over ethernet and one serial link is comming on second router.

when its router redudancy it works fine but i want that when my wireless link fails the traffic passes thorugh serial link.

Plese help

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Pulkit,

use interface tracking for the wireless inteface

int fas0/0

standby 1 x.x.x.x

standby 1 pri 105

standby 1 track dot1q0.1

standby 1 preempt

standby 1 preempt is needed also on the other router in order to become active when the wireless fails.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know why is this command used."standby 1 track dot1q0.1"

Regards,

Pulkit Sharma

HI Pulkit, [Pls RATE all Informative POST]

The standby track command allows you to specify another interface on the router for the HSRP process to monitor in order to alter the HSRP priority for a given group. If the line protocol of the specified interface goes down, the HSRP priority is reduced. This means that another HSRP router with higher priority can become the active router if that router has standby preempt enabled.

Pls RATE all Informative POST

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Hello Pulkit,

active HSRP role is the result on an election on the LAN.

the track command allows to reduce by 10 the priority when the interface is down.

I used do1d0.1 just as placeholder here you need to specify the name of your wireless interface.

when that interface is down the priority is reduced from 105 to 95 the other router with defaul priority 100 will become the active router for the group.

When the tracked interface comes up again the active role changes again.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: