Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercluster trunk between ccm 6.1 and 4.2

Hi all,

I have a CCM 6.1 and a ccm 4.2 both are connected to a normal switch. there are two ip phones registered with each of the call managers and calls can be made between any two phones registered with the same call manager. i wanted to set up a scenario where i can make calls from an ip phone registered with CCM 6.1 to an ip phone registered with CCM 4.2.. I was suggested that i have to configure an intercluster trunk (non gatekeeper controlled).. i tried doing it but i cant make the callss its not working... please let me know how i can do it... i have the documents which tell me how to congigure inter cluster truk i did that but cant get through... if i am not wrong then the important thing that i have to mention while creating a trunk is that i have to provide the remote call manager servers ip address right? wat else is important... plz suggest how i can get these phones to call each other...

5 Replies 5

Also i would like to add... this is not a huge set up it is just a small lab... there is no possibility of a network outage or any thing like tat... and i am fairly new to this so i really would appreciate you help

any suggestions plz

Two things you will need for this to work.

1) Intercluster trunk between the Call managers.

2) Route Patterns to inform each CM which extensions are on the other CM.

Hey thanks,

i THINK ITS THE ROUTE PATTERNS I HAVENT CONFIGURED ... HOW CAN I DO THAT COULD YOU PLZ HELP ME..

i tried to configure the route groups and patterns but i am not able to make calls... i m not sure if i have done everythin correctly or may be theres somethin else i need to do.. plz suggest

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: