Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Patterns

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello all,

I am trying to configure outbound dialing for an office in Beijing China and here is my dilemma. There are 11-digit and 12-digit long distance dialings in China and current I have configured a route pattern of 9.xxxxxxxxxxxx to handle both 11-digit and 12-digit dialings and the issue I am running into now is that when users dial a 11-digit number they have to wait for a 15-second inter-digit timeout before the call gets routed. Does anyone know what's the best way to handle this type of situation ?

Any inputs/suggestions are highly appreciated !!!!

Thank you very much in advance !!!

Danny

8 Replies 8

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

One option is to train your users to use the '#' at the end of each number and replace the route pattern '9.xxxxxxxxxxx' with '9.!#'

only two options

create more specific route patterns or decrease the T_302 timer

since you have overlapping that is expected to happen

other one would be to create the 11 and 12 digit route patterns and use # as the last digit, then have users press # after dialing the number to route the call immediately

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hello Jaime,

thank you very much and I appreciate your response !!

I found out that the 11-digit numbers all start with 02x area code and the 12-digit numbers start with 4 digits area code. Can tell me if the route patterns below would work ?

9.02xxxxxxxxx for 11-digit numbers

9.xxxxxxxxxxxx for 12-digit numbers

So if a user dials an 11-digit number it will match 9.02xxxxxxxxx first and CCM should route the call immediately correct ?

Thanks again !!!

Danny

yes, that would work. if you already checked that all 11 digit calls start with 02 and none 12 digits will use those digits then that's enough to differentiate the route patterns and avoid the overlapping since CUCM always uses the best match and 02 wins over XX on a route pattern.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Perfect, I will test that out.

I very much appreciate your reponse !!!

Thanks again !!!

Danny

Hello Jaime,

One quick question. Should I create one partition for both 11-digit and 12-digit dialings and assign the route patterns below to the same partition ? or I have to create two partitions (one for each route pattern)?

9.02xxxxxxxxx for 11-digit numbers

9.xxxxxxxxxxxx for 12-digit numbers

Thank you very much !!!

Danny

you can use same partition for both route patterns

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime !! Appreciate your response very much !!!

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: