cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDMA 3G Configuration for No Timeout

dennis_range
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a CDMA 3G HWIC for a 1841 running c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T and I cannot get the cellular interface from shutting down. See attached for what has been configured. I figured it was the 'dialer idle-timeout 0' command but the interface is still going down even after giving it interesting traffic to chew on.

2 Replies 2

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

It could be being timed out from the far side. Even though the cell companies say the data plans are unlimited the fine print says otherwise.

If your goal is to keep the connection up you can use DIALER PERSISTENT which will bring it up and attempt to keep it up. If it is the far side that has a idle timeout it will still drop but this will restart it right away

Your other option is to keep interesting traffic on the circuit. One of the IP SLA monitors will do a good job of sending traffic at regular intervals.

Thank you for the reply. 'dialer persistent' is not a command for cellular interfaces though. Is there a command that accomplishes the same thing for cellular interfaces?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card