Views
Helpful
Replies

NAM receives NDE traffic, but don't display nothing in "Monitor"

w-pera
Level 1
Level 1

NAM receives NDE traffic, but don't display anything in "Monitor"

I've several routers exporting NetFlow v9 to a NAM 3.6(1). If I enable the “Listen Mode”, I see packets arrive to the NAM.

When I go to the “Monitor” tab and select “NETFLOW”, nothing is displayed.

What it's wrong?

Regards,

Waldemar Pera

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Netflow 9 is not yet supported by the NAM. Support for this version is planned for NAM 4.0. Currently, you must be exporting 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (with support for v8 aggregation caches as well).

Thanks Joe,

I think that but, if you see the NAM 3.6 DS (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2706/ps5025/product_data_sheet0900aecd804bab11.html):

Supported topologies and data sources

LAN: Switch Port Analyzer (SPAN), Remote SPAN (RSPAN), VLAN ACL (VACL)-based captures, NetFlow (versions 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9)

WAN: NetFlow (versions 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9) from local and remote devices, VACL-based captures for FlexWAN/Optical Service Module (OSM) interfaces (Cisco IOS Software only)

Does it is a documentation error?

Thanks and regards.

There seems to be some conflicting information. The NAM's help does not list version 9 as being supported, and I have seen an internal note that it works, but AS information is not shown.

Assuming you are seeing the packets, add a Netflow source, then go to Setup > Monitor, select your Netflow source, and enable the features you wish to monitor.

Joe, I've tried manually and "Listen Mode" to add the NDE devices.

Also, I've enabled the "Setup > Monitor" to NetFlow.

The results are the same: nothing appears in "Monitor" when I select "NETFLOW".

??

Note: I will to upgrade NAM OS 3.6(1a) and update with Patch 3.0.

One other thing you can try is to change the NDE version on one of the devices. I am using version 5 in my lab, and it works fine. This would be consistent with the NAM 3.6 online help.

Two devices are NetFlow v9 (the NAM-2 show the V9 Templates) and one is NetFlow v5.

NAM OS is 3.6(1a) Patch 3.0 + Crypto Path.

When in "Setup > Data Sources > NetFlow > Devices" I select a device and press "Test", the window shows "Netflow on device: Configuration unknown"

Make sure the SNMP read community string you have specified for this device is valid, and that the NAM has the ability to query this device with SNMP.

NetFlow v5 and v9 working.

Situation: If I enable the individual sources to "Monitor" (each router), I see the NetFlow individually but it isn't work if select NETFLOW under "Monitor" tab.

This doesn't happend with SPAN/RSPAN/VACL source. Always, I see the information like SPAN or by each DATAPORT.

Maybe a bug?

The NETFLOW component is NetFlow from the local switch. It is not an aggregation of all NDE sources. To see data for each NDE source, you would have to select each source in turn.

Thanks. It was a wrong concept from me.

Now, do you now a good source to configure NetFlow into Cat6500 (Sup720)?

Thanks to much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: