Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Expansion

mhering8650
Level 1
Level 1

Quick Q for the Guru's out there.

If I have a CME chassis that is maxed out with the number of ephones it can have (52 on a 2821 for example) and I needed to add more phones, couldn't i just add another Chassis with a different Extension range and have dial peers pointing to each other?

or am I stuck upgrading the chassis to a much larger (read more expensive) system?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

don-sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

In short yes without upgrading the chassis. If using physical IP phones you'd have to manually set your TFTP server. If using softphones you have to set TFTP server anyway.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

don-sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

In short yes without upgrading the chassis. If using physical IP phones you'd have to manually set your TFTP server. If using softphones you have to set TFTP server anyway.

If feasible, creating a different voice vlan with a different option 150 for the new phones you could point them to the second CME box so that you don't have to touch every phone.

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

You can add another CME. It would need to be on another subnet and have a separate DHCP scope too. If you have QoS on the LAN, you will need to extend it to the new Voice LAN too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: