Hello hello! Im really hoping someone can save my sanity! i have finally got CCM 4.x working in a vmware enviroment and boy has it taken me LONG!! after feeling the satisfaction of it all working... I got the error i will paste below which happens after my phone trys to auto register, as you can see from below for some wierd reason it does not distribute the directory number. I have a CCM 6.0.1 enviroment fine. Please someone save my sanity :)
"One or more errors occured while trying to get the Directory number information for this phone's lines. Try deleting and re-creating this device. If errors continue, it may be necessary to restore an earlier version of the configuration database."
I completely understand. I feel the same way more often than I care to admit. I like your attitude of recognizing your challenges and considering them as learning opportunities.
In order to fix CSCsd61818, the preferred method would be to apply Service Release 1b for CUCM 4.2(1), so that you are on 4.2(1)SR1b. This SR will give you the fix for this particular problem as well as several other defects.
Give it a shot and let us know how things work out for you.