cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.x Lab

hellspire69_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello hello! Im really hoping someone can save my sanity! i have finally got CCM 4.x working in a vmware enviroment and boy has it taken me LONG!! after feeling the satisfaction of it all working... I got the error i will paste below which happens after my phone trys to auto register, as you can see from below for some wierd reason it does not distribute the directory number. I have a CCM 6.0.1 enviroment fine. Please someone save my sanity :)

Daniel

"One or more errors occured while trying to get the Directory number information for this phone's lines. Try deleting and re-creating this device. If errors continue, it may be necessary to restore an earlier version of the configuration database."

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Daniel,

I completely understand. I feel the same way more often than I care to admit. I like your attitude of recognizing your challenges and considering them as learning opportunities.

In order to fix CSCsd61818, the preferred method would be to apply Service Release 1b for CUCM 4.2(1), so that you are on 4.2(1)SR1b. This SR will give you the fix for this particular problem as well as several other defects.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Unified%20Communications%20Manager%20Updates&mdfid=280264388&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&mdfLevel=Software%20Version/Option&url=null&modelName=Cisco+Unified+CallManager+...

Give it a shot and let us know how things work out for you.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daniel,

So you've been trying the same thing over and over and getting the same result, huh? :-) Only kidding.

Which specific version of 4.x do you have? The error you describe has been seen in certain versions of CUCM, including 4.2(1). The defect in that version is CSCsd61818, and you can find the details here, as well as the recommended fix.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd61818

Hope this helps Daniel.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael! yes over and over and over and over.. an just when i think ive cracked it lol!! o well its all a learning curve an i wont give in :)

its 4.2.1 the ver at the moment.

I dont wish to be spoon fed at all but ive looked at the work around,

"Workaround: On the phone button features update page,manually select one of the values(yes/no) for the fixed feature."

Ive been using CCM4.2.3 for god knows how long in work but for the life of me i dont remember where i can locate the phone features page? and also it seems pretty vague on the "select one of the values to yes/no" any help would be appreciated on my laptop could potentially be a frisbee.. ;)

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I completely understand. I feel the same way more often than I care to admit. I like your attitude of recognizing your challenges and considering them as learning opportunities.

In order to fix CSCsd61818, the preferred method would be to apply Service Release 1b for CUCM 4.2(1), so that you are on 4.2(1)SR1b. This SR will give you the fix for this particular problem as well as several other defects.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Unified%20Communications%20Manager%20Updates&mdfid=280264388&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&mdfLevel=Software%20Version/Option&url=null&modelName=Cisco+Unified+CallManager+...

Give it a shot and let us know how things work out for you.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael I could kiss you.. But i wont! :)

Thanks so much for all the help, my sanity is saved and all works absolutely great! now to cross link this with my 6.x ccm :) yay!

Dan

Good deal Daniel. We're all better off when things are going well for one of us :-) Glad it all worked out for you. Thanks also for the opportunity to assist.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: