cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Simulator question

duwei9811
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've been trying the XML functions on the 7960 with the CM-Sim. But I cannot have the IP phones register to the CM-Sim. The "State" information on CM-Sim is always "registering", but "registered". And I guess this probably is the reason why all the "NewCall" etc. softkeys are always not active. And when I post "Dial:1002" URI to the phone, it always shows "AutoDial Cancelled".

Does anybody can kindly help how to get the phones registered to the CM-Sim?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ahh.. that would have been an important detail to mention upfront in the other thread ;) People hardly use the simulator anymore because it's so limited. Nowadays, you can easily run a ccm off a virtual machine so you can have a lab equipment without a single server.. all you need is a free virtual machine software and the software itself. CCM5 is the only problematic release as you cannot really install it and it won't run without a license, but CCM6 and above have a limited license that is enough for development and there's no licensing prior to CCM4.

I think the dial is the only function that actually works with the sim but I'm not even sure about that as I've stopped using the simulator 4 years ago and moved to a real (albeit not no a server but a regular windows box) ccm.

I guess you'll have to set up wireshark on the machine running the simulator and look at the skinny packet exchange to see if you get any kind of clue why things don't work out. E.g. one thing to look for is if the device does the TFTP request and gets its configuration, if it checks the firmware version, etc.

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I moved away from CM-SIM as well. Now I use CCM 6.x and 4.x on VM and it works great. You do need 1 GB RAM dedicated to it to make it work well on your laptop.