US customer needs 220V power for a 3845 router

Unanswered Question
Aug 13th, 2008
User Badges:

Is there a US 220V power cable certified to work with the 3845 non-IP power supplies? Or, must I connect the 3845 with 110V in the US? Thanks.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tdrais Thu, 08/14/2008 - 01:39
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Your larger question should be what type of 220 circuit does the customer have.

There are a number of different plugs based on the amps and if they are locking or non locking.

For 220 you will most likely have some form of 6-xx where xx is the amp rating.

The end on the router is called a C13 so its just a matter of getting the correct ends.

Been a while since I saw a part number for a cisco cable. But this link has diagrams of 2 of the 3 more "common" 220v cables you will find in the US. Not that this is a common thing to really do.

The electrician that installed the 220 circuit for them should be able to provide a power cord.


This Discussion